Li-Ion batteries are the most competitive electrochemistries currently available on the market.
A comparison between an Al-Air and a Li-Ion battery shows that an Al-Air battery will be:
- eight times lighter in weight;
- three times smaller in volume;
- ten times cheaper to install;
- 60% cheaper to operate;
- rechargeable mechanically by swapping the anode (i.e. with no need for an external charger);
- 100% environmentally friendly;
- fully recyclable.
(i.e. with 90kg Al-Air stores 125kWh of energy, approximately the same energy as 700kg of Li-Ion).